Top Row (l-r) Harlene Istavanek, Violet Oldenburg, Dorothea Frook, Olive Placek
Bottom Row Betty Daams, Sylvia Postler, Evelyn Whitehorn
When Dad and Peggy were married they sponsored a child through the Christian Children’s Fund. This child was in Brazil. Unlike most monthly donors, they decided to go meet the child and see what the charity was doing. These pictures are from the trip and are part of a photo album that Peggy put together. Dad supported CCF up to the time of his death.
The invitation scanned here was for Bob’s 8th grade graduation from the Trautwein School (Racine, WI) in 1952. Originally built in 1912, the Trautwein School was enlarged with an addition in 1954. Students at the time petitioned to keep the school’s original tower, which housed the old Trautwein bell. The school, known at the time as one of the four Western Complex Schools (along with Bartlett, Hood Creek and Franksville), closed in 1981. Biob is in the bottom row, second to right.
A photo from the Internet of the Trautwein School.